EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ME (AND THEN SOME)
I’m Katie. I’m 29 years old, married with two kids, ages 2 and 4. I used to be a workaholic, until my second pregnancy went awry and our daughter was born 2 months premature. She spent a month in the NICU and was finally sent home with strict orders to limit her exposure to germs, severe temperature changes, and to keep her out of daycare for as long as possible. I was also told that breastmilk was the best thing for her, and since I knew that going back to work would basically keep me from being able to follow all of these guidelines from the doctors, I quit my job. I go a little more in-depth about my experience in a different post if you’re wondering why I gave up my career so easily.
I’ve been a stay at home mom for 2 years now, and love it! But now that the kids are a little older, and we are tired of not ever having enough money to do the things we want to do for our kids (and ourselves), it is time for me to start working again.
I could go back to a job in my career field, but I would miss out on a lot of milestones and quality time with our children. So I’ve decided the best thing for our family is for me to work from home. That way I’ll still be able to spend time with and care for our children full-time but I’ll also be bringing in some much-needed money. Best of both worlds, right?
I’ll be sharing my experiences with all of you, and will hopefully post some useful information for all of you moms out there who have the same goals as me.
Some interesting facts about me:
- I have red hair, blue eyes, and am left handed…which is a combination only found in 1% of the population
- I love owls! Our entire house is decorated with owls, and it’s starting to get a little out of hand. I bought a few things, but the rest of the owls have been gifts from other people.
- I’ve been to over 200 concerts. My friends and I used to hop in the car and drive all over the U.S. following one of our favorite bands from city to city.
- I am an excellent juggler. Yeah, the juggling where you throw a bunch of balls into the air and catch them. Being with kids all day, I’ve learned how to juggle a lot of other things too!
- I know the words to every children’s song on the planet!
Anyway, I hope you enjoy my site!